Want hands-on experience in ecology-based design? Apply to be an intern with LWLA for summer 2017. The intern will work with all staff as needed with tasks directly apportioned by the Project Manager. The job will require forty hours per week. Start and end dates can be flexible according to the intern’s preferences, as long as it is coordinated with LWLA Project Manager. Occasional overnight travel will likely be required.
Project/Design Assistant Duties:
- Assisting with site analysis, site measurements, and creation of base maps
- Creation of proposals and cost estimates
- Design and design documentation assistance
- Ecological research as requested by staff designers
- Plant and materials procurement assistance
- Occasional light fieldwork (plant layout, meadow seeding)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interest in and familiarity with basic ecological processes and plants native to the northeastern United States
- Effective time management
Willingness to learn and participate in a diverse range of support tasks
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (not to exceed 10 mb) via email to Rebecca Kagle, rkagle AT lweanerdesign.com. No telephone inquiries please. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.